Monday, June 21, 2010

A week in review...

Sunday.....

We traveled over to Brad's mom's house in Shawnee America to celebrate his sister Rebecca's birthday!! I got to make the birthday cake - which is pictured above - I am a little bit proud of how it turned out. It was a fresh strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting....YUM!! It was a big hit!!! I got the recipe here.


Brad's mom has a pond out next to her house and this is one of the two fish that he caught out there. I am always so proud of him and his catches!!

Tuesday......

Arrived at work right when med.flight was taking off...I have made a lot of decisions and changes in the last month regarding my job (I will share in a separate post) and school. I've decided to suck it up and go to nursing school b/c one day I want to be on med.flight as a nurse! So I have enrolled in Chemistry (YUCK!) for next semester...bit nervous but I can do it. Also on Tuesday we unfortunately had a traumatic full arrest come into the ER from a bad car wreck. However I did get to watch the doctor do a pericardial synthesis. Which is where the Dr. take a long needle and draws fluid or blood out of the sac around the heart...so amazing!! I love the heart its my favorite organ...weird I know.

Thursday......


When there's something strange in the neighborhood....Who ya gonna call....GHOSTBUSTERS!!!
Brad and I were sitting at a light when we saw this truck... I just had to take a picture...b/c how often do you actually see the ghostbusters car!! If you notice there are lights on the top and some weird antenna thingy. SO RANDOM!!

Friday....

If you know me at all you will know that I am somewhat anti.child. I don't care if you have them I just rather not be around..thanks... However there is one baby that I just love! Miss Kennedy! She belongs to one of the girls I work with....and I got the pleasure of babysitting her Friday night! She is the best, smartest, cutest kid EVER!!! I was actually bummed out when she went to bed at 7:15 b/c I wanted to play more!!!

Saturday....
  

Brad and I went up to the mall and they had a robotic surgery display out and you got to try it out... I totally kicked ass!! The first pic shows the area that you were working with and those rubber bands were like the small ones you put on your braces. The middle picture again shows the robotic little arms... and then the third picture shows where you sit and manipulate the arms...it was awesome...I took those tiny rubber bands and tied them in a knot and then undid it and it was so easy!! and fun!! and cool!!!

Sunday....
 


We went to go visit my daddy for father's day!! He's such a funny guy and I just love him soooo... MUCH!!!

Well that was my week in a nut.shell with photos included ... hope I didn't bore ya too much!!

Toodle-oo!!

1 comments:

Bradley said...

It was a good week!!! I love you!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com